This is my go to Vanilla Cake Recipe. And it’s super easy to color this cake to just about any color you like.
– 3 cups white sugar
– 6 eggs (room temperature)
– 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 3/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 1/2 cups milk
1. In a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer) beat the butter until fluffy.
2. Add the sugar and beat until well combined.
3. Add the eggs 2 at a time and beat until well blended. Add vanilla.
4. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Add the dry in 4 parts and milk in 3 parts starting and ending with dry.
6. Don’t forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl if using a stand mixer.
7. Give it one last good mix and you’re ready to go.
Bake at 350 degrees
This amount will make – Bake for corresponding minutes:
30 regular sized cupcakes – 25 minutes
120 mini cupcakes – 17 minutes
2 6″ round cakes (each 2″ tall) – 1 hour 35 minutes
Always make sure to test your cake with a toothpick or skewer. When it comes out clean your cake is ready!
I love how dense this cake is. It’s perfect for making 3D cakes!
Here is my Cake Cheat Sheet for other batter portions: